What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

POH, Condition Inspection checklist

fredbauerjr

Well Known Member
Randy,

First let me say what a neat program, "PICASA" you recommended so we can post helpfull pictures for RV builders (a picture is worth 1000 words) and also what a SUPER job you have done in creating a POH and Condition Inspection Checklist for the RV-3B, thank you! thank you!

The condition inspection checklist I am certain will be VERY valuable for all of the RV aircraft owners, who are not builders, and who need help in guiding their mechanics through an orderly and safe condition inspection.
Heck, most of the mechanics doing these inspections are not familiar with the RV's (other than the Lycoming engine) and most don't feel comfortable enough to accept the annual inspection task.
After all they are being asked to help out the owners who do not have the Repairman's certificate and I am sure they want to do a good thorough inspection for them.
I feel this is something Van should have done a long time ago.

Anyway, I have "glommed" onto your documents and we are editing and substituting our aircraft particulars to create a POH, Condition Inspection Checklist and Flight Log for our aircraft.
I have also been doing the same thing by creating documents for an RV4 using your RV8 and RV3 information as a guide.
A friend of mine who I let fly our old RV4 got himself bitten by the RV bug and had me identify and purchase an RV4 for him, (now I have another buddy to fly around with).

But I am having my problems with WORD in that I don't quite know how to print 2 pages of the POH on one 8.5 x 11 piece of paper.

Do you have any recommendations for us WORD challenged individuals?

pagesetupno7.jpg

On the File menu, go down to Page Setup. Click on Landscape orientation, then select 2 pages per sheet under the pages menu.

I tried to send you a private message, but your profile won't allow it. You might want to go to the User CP and enable private messages.

Last edited:
Back