What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Upholstery

RVadmirer

Well Known Member
Has anyone in the SF Bay Area, South Bay, East Bay or even Sacramento areas of CA found a good upholstery shop? I had one Oregon Aero seat cushion set done and am not all that happy with it. The leather is loose and generally amateur looking compared to a typical modern auto seat. Now I have the matching rear cushions and want to have them done with matching headrests, armrests etc. as well as possibly redoing the front seat. I'd like to end up with a high quality job and hate to keep experimenting with unknown shops..... :confused:
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:D:D:D Happy New Year to you all!! :D:D:D

PS: to the fellow building out at Yolo - I'd like to come see your project - my neighbor is building a -7....

Last edited:
Interior

Have you tried using a heat gun on the lose leather parts? that will tighten it up most of the time, just don't hold the gun to close or to long in one spot.

Pete RV7 N849PC wiring:)

NorCal upholstery shops

I, too, am interested in a local shop in NorCal. I have my foam, but will need to have it covered when I'm done shaping it.

Upholstery Plus in Placerville does aircraft work.

He has done the interior of a neighbors Lancair 4, and the seats of my buddy's RV 10, and repair work to a lot of local planes.

The number is 530-626-6411.

Ask for Clarence.

Several of the planes that I have built have had Oregon Aero seats and they have done an excellent job on them. If you are unhappy with their product speak to them and let them know. I would expect that they would correct it for you.

Oeregon Aero Upholstery

Thanks Norm, I didn't have them do my upholstery. I've seen theirs and it's not what I had in mind. It was flat, with no depth and (to me) normal perimeter support. The samples at Oshkosh were flat and boring upholstery. Everything I've either seen or had done by others is far superior but I'm looking for real well done upholstery. There is no reason for these shops to think charging for Porsche quality seats should produce less than that quality product.
The folks that do RV upholstery and advertise on this site do the fabulous work I'm looking for locally. But they are too busy with RV work to talk to us "lurkers" that are not currently in an RV......

Back