What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hard 8 run Sunday? WX looks nice

What's with 11:00 with everybody, this ain't lunch time :confused: It's against my religion to get up that early on Sunday :D

A pain in the POTUS... but sure!

Weather permitting, Louise and I will try to get up there - despite the fact that a direct course takes us DIRECTLY over Crawford, so I suspect we'll have to take the long way around.

DR - bring your camera....we might bring TWO planes!!

...and for those of us still coming up to speed with these lunch destinations that aren't 'local', where exactly would that be?

Can't make it :(

Love to, but I'll be in the hangar pulling the wings off my beloved N131RV tomorrow. Soon as that's done, I can put her on the trailer and haul over to the shop that will be doing the rebuild.

D*MN, I MISS HAVING MY 7A.

That was a spectacular afternoon with good BBQ. Thanks to all the veterans for the introduction to another perfect venue for lunch. The RV talk was just as good as the BBQ.

That was a spectacular afternoon with good BBQ. Thanks to all the veterans for the introduction to another perfect venue for lunch. The RV talk was just as good as the BBQ.

Great seeing both you and Tanya again! Let's do it again!

b,
d

the trip out was smooth, but the return was really bumpy. Negative g's bumpy at 4500.

Same experience southbound for just a few minutes. That is why Tanya and I returned at 8.5k'. Much smoother. I will happily go on a "smoother air" hunt for five minutes to make the flight more enjoyable. I'm still getting over the cool factor of "just go higher, no problem" with the RV.

Janie and I also had turbulance climbing out of Stephenville on our run back to San Antonio---we leveled at 6.5 and it only lasted about 10 minutes. When it smoothed I had my hand on the throttle to go up to 8.5 to join Scott and Tanya. Let's see--my old 78 Mooney would have taken a little under 4 minutes to make that 2K ft adjustment at that altitude--the RV9 will do it comfortably in less than 1.5 minutes--these machines are amazing!!

Good food -- good people!!

Cheers,

db

Back