What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gentlemen, your assistance please.

jus10stephens

Hello all,
I adopted an abandoned tail and wing kit from another builder. The tail and wing are now built. I received the match drilled center section for the fuse but none of the long fuselage stock. I have my new fuse kit from Vans and need to order my longerons and the other fuse parts that are shipped with the wing kit. I contacted Ken at Vans about what all I should order and he said it depended on the vintage. I have looked at the plans and think I have a good idea of what all to order but I wanted to check with all of you that have been here before. Since I have to place this order what all fuse parts do you reccomend that I purchase. BTW, I plan on ordering two sets of longerons just in case. Thank you for helping me with my stupid question and I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas.

Justin:

As I recall, when you order the wing kit, you will also receive the fuse longerons as you mentioned, as well as all the components for the F604 builkhead, which includes the matchdrilled center section you also mentioned. Just be sure that you order all the parts that make up that F604 bulkhead, as well as the longerons, and you should be fine.

I must admit, that was a LONG time ago for me, so the grey matter may be a bit foggy. :eek:

Hello all,
I adopted an abandoned tail and wing kit from another builder. The tail and wing are now built. I received the match drilled center section for the fuse but none of the long fuselage stock. I have my new fuse kit from Vans and need to order my longerons and the other fuse parts that are shipped with the wing kit. I contacted Ken at Vans about what all I should order and he said it depended on the vintage. I have looked at the plans and think I have a good idea of what all to order but I wanted to check with all of you that have been here before. Since I have to place this order what all fuse parts do you reccomend that I purchase. BTW, I plan on ordering two sets of longerons just in case. Thank you for helping me with my stupid question and I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas.

If you have the center section that originally came with the wing kit and you now have an RV-6 fuselage kit, all you should be missing is the two 14 foot long pieces of AA6 3/4X3/4X.125 longeron angle, though if you got the wing kit from another builder I would think that the two longeron angles would have come with it (they we shipped in the spar crate)

Justin, Hope all is going well. Ready to start the fuse, eh?

Just moved my 6 to Conroe, CXO, hangar 41. Had to pull the wings to do it, but it saves me about 420 miles a week in driving to work on it. Moved into a nice shop with plenty of help, bathroom & kitchen. 12 minutes from home.

Get Mickey to pick you up and come visit. Getting close.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Glad to hear it. I stopped by the shop on Sunday and made a donation to the "Finish Chuck's RV Fund". John said that I just missed you. Mickey and I will stop by and check it out. Good luck. Thanks everybody for the replies.

You could source that stuff locally (DFW area) and come out cheaper than having it shipped all the way from Vans. Nothing exotic about the material.

A friend of mine drives a tuck for a living and will be passing through Aurora on 01-11. I am going to have him pick it up for me. Cost of shipping will be a ride when I am finished with the plane.:D

Back