What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip: How I Installed My Pitot

One thing to note...if the thread you cut on the bulkhead extend past the end of the plasti tube, there will probaly be a leak down in the thread. Perhaps seal the edge with some RTV or proseal.

Click here to see how I mounted my Gretz pitot: http://rv8alog.com/wings/pitot_static/pitot-static.htm
Jorge,

I really like the idea of using an AN807 hose adapter. I'm going to try it this time around. On the -6A, I had a pro come out and run a check on the static/pitot system prior to first flight and he discovered a slow leak. It took well over an hour of his paid time unbuttoning this and that before the source of the leak was finally discovered...the flare I made on the plastic tube joining it and the soft aluminum tube as inspired by a tip I read in the RVator. The AN807 seems a more elegant solution. Thanks for sharing.

One thing to note...if the thread you cut on the bulkhead extend past the end of the plasti tube, there will probaly be a leak down in the thread. Perhaps seal the edge with some RTV or proseal.

That's a good tip and cheap insurance. I'll do that.

you go jorge

Jorge,

It looks like you have your project here in the Orlando area now and working away on it. Thanks for the info about how to install the gretz pitot tube. When I get to that point in my project I will give you a call. I will be working on my project over the holidays, if you want to stop by and visit you are welcome, just give me a call.

Tony

Back