What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N379RV Is Airworthy.....and FLYING!!!

AirWolf

Well, the long and short of it is this weekend (friday) I got my airworthiness certificate, and staurday I made my first flight!

Here's a couple of pictures of the first flight:

Nose%20Off%20-%20Small.JPG

The nose just lifted off the ground!

First%20Flight1%20-%20Small.JPG

Here I go!!!

2nd%20Attempt.JPG

2nd try...I made it on the third!

On Sunday Morning, I made my second flight. I was much more relaxed for the second flight, and I was really able to enjoy all of the hard work that I have put in during the last 14 months and 975 hours!

Me%20In%20Flight.JPG

Ugh, it's me, but I like the 'Experimental' in the background and the blue sky outside!

Keep bucking those rivets....it's all worth it in the end!!

Ron
RV-9A Pilot!

Last edited:
Congratulations

Great job Ron: RV9A builders unite. You are helping us catch up with the 7/7A completions.

Fly safe Ron. Jack

Congrats Ron! We all have that picture from the cockpit (we just don't show it to the world !!! :D )

Keep us in the loop as your flight testing progresses and we'll hopefully see you at LOE5!

B,

That?s a beautiful plane! If we didn't have first flights with reports like this and the internet we would all be dragging out our build for 10 years. Congratulations on your accomplishments.

-Jeff

Congrats Ron. Keep it high and close to home for a while!

Thanks for the motivation!

It sure is...and so far I like it. Take that with a grain of salt, as I do not have an ANR headset to compare it to, but I sure do like not having a conventional headset, where it bothers me to wear a hat or sunglasses!

Scott DellAngelo said:
Is that the Lightspeed L1 headset you have on? How do you like that in an RV cockpit?

Congrats

Scott
#90598 Finish Kit

More Pictures!

If anyone wants to see more pictures of the first flight (and the ones that follow), I've uploaded all of the picture that I have to my website:

http://www.n379rv.com/

Hopefully I can get the video off of my Dad's camcorder soon!

Ron
RV-9A - Flying!

Last edited:
I'll throw in my congratulations too, Ron. It has to feel great! I'll drop in to Lenhardt one of these days hoping to catch you there.

Bob S

Great job Ron

Welcome to our small group of flying 9A's. I looked at the Van's site and there are 165 of us now who have gotten to see how rewarding this process is of going from 9A builder to 9A flyer. While a lot of the builders truly enjoy the hours spent putting one of these contraptions together I think you'll like just climbing in and flying off when ever the whim hits you. Mine has 165 hours now and I never fail to get a stupid grin when I first see it after having been away for a couple of days. I can see from the picture of you that this will probably apply to you also.

Enjoy,
Bryan

Ron

You have plenty of days to fly off your hours to make Oshkosh. I assume will be there with your 9. :D

You are going to really love it. I was flying today and landing at this small airport. A guy came up to me before I left and asked if it was 9. Not just an RV but a 9. He was flying a Bell 430. Looks like another 100 bucks from Van's will be headed my way soon. ;) I'll have to work on the ride in the 430.

Have a blast flying it.

Cam
143 hours

Make it to Oshkosh...I wish! With the vacation for our 1 year anniversary next week, I'm going to be putting the test flying on hold. But once I get back, 25 hours here I come!

Great to see another in-flight "Self Portrait"! Maybe we should start an in-flight "Self Portrait" thread!

Ron
RV-9A, 5 hours and counting!

was just checking out your site. cool picts. I like where you put your N number. I'll put mine there too.

good picts for people using Creative air lites, right?

way to go.

Back