What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RVT-38

rph142

Well Known Member
dsc00699525x700shkljb7.jpg

My new design...Vs = Vne :D

The one nice thing about building in the living room is that its never out of site out of mind. Fortunately the apartment builder designed the door width with the rv-3 in mind...ive got about 2 inches of clearance. People who dont know the tail comes off always ask if im going to take out the double windows to get it out.

Wow.. mad props to you, sir. I could never have undertaken that project in an apartment. My roommates would have killed me. looks like it's almost hangar time though!

WOW!!!

I presume you are single? I'm not thinking there are any women out there that would allow that... in their house..... I'm dying to say something about "you might be a redneck or an RV builder if........" however... I'll keep that to myself.. <grin>... GREAT JOB!!!!!
Best
Brian Wallis
ps.... PRAISE BE UNTO YOUR LANDLORD!
OOOOOOoooo I see you are using a MAC for your confuser... how do you like it? Love the website... I'm documenting my tail build on the Iphone camera.. Although I'll use my good digital camera to get the good pics...
Best
Brian

Last edited:
Thats one of the coolest pics I've ever seen.:p Way to go for your dreams man, good for you.

P.S. Better finish it b4 you get married;)

I presume you are single? I'm not thinking there are any women out there that would allow that... in their house..... I'm dying to say something about "you might be a redneck or an RV builder if........" however... I'll keep that to myself.. <grin>... GREAT JOB!!!!!
Best
Brian Wallis

I built my empennage and wings in my apartment living room in Ann Arbor while my wife attended medical school and helped rivet. That apartment building had a core of concrete walls, so my riveting was barely heard outside the apartment. Actually, it was a little sad when the project finally went to the airport here in Flagstaff; it had been a constant presence for us for so long.

OOOOOOoooo I see you are using a MAC for your confuser... how do you like it?
Yea the imac rocks...i use iweb and it couldnt be easier.

At the moment im doing the long distance thing...im going to be engaged in about 48 hours hopefully..and then married in august. Everyone is telling me one week of progress before i get married = 1 month after.

Back