What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4 on grass . . . or A-7 at the boat??

Dave Dollarhide

For many of us, RVs take us back to our fighter/attack roots. Like I normally say, "It's mostly the same, just the numbers are different....loop in 700' instead of 7,000'."

I just had a local shop convert some old Super 8 movie film I took during my Navy days. Last night, I blended one of my RV videos with a carrier landing on the USS Saratoga, creating this short clip. Enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VTfrKGX5W8Q

What a ride!

OK, I've played the video about ten times now, each time turning up the volume a little more. By the time it was all the way up, I noticed that the wife and kids had left the house!

P.S. Where in Florida are you? I could probably twist your arm to go for a ride in the T-28C.

Last edited:
T-28 ride

Ron, I wish I had the bucks to fly a Trojan, but would still tool around in my RV-4, as it's a lot more fun....and way cheaper. Our hanger is at Haller Air Park, 6 miles south of Green Cove Springs....RV-4, RV-6 and RV-7. Give us a heads up and drop by one day...always looking for excuses to fly.

Old Navy here too, but I was a fresh air snipe dreaming of being a jet jock.

Thank you for your service.

Fantastic video. Too short!

That's not a boat - it's a target

As a former submariner I can state unequivocally there are only two kinds of ships - submarines and targets!

Great video though! I sent it to my son who's in the Navy maintaining Blackhawks in Norfolk!

i wanna go fly!!

Ron, I wish I had the bucks to fly a Trojan, but would still tool around in my RV-4, as it's a lot more fun....and way cheaper. Our hanger is at Haller Air Park, 6 miles south of Green Cove Springs....RV-4, RV-6 and RV-7. Give us a heads up and drop by one day...always looking for excuses to fly.

Dave, I've heard many great things about you!! i'm up in orange park, (near HEG, and NAS JAX) and i've also heard that you love to get out and give rides... i'm looking to build an -8 in the near future, and i'd like to come check out the RV club yall got goin down there, and meet some of these builders.

V/R,

I'm envious

Very Very Cool, the way you did that (both of them).

Steve

RV-8 in waiting

Back