What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Part numbers for brake caliper o-rings

penguin

Well Known Member
Patron
Hi,

I have to rebuild the brake calipers on my airplane so I'm looking for a little help to find the part number for the caliper O-ring kit. This is a regular Cleveland brake caliper, does anyone have the number? Do the usual culprits keep them in stock?

Thanks, Pete

Hi,

I have to rebuild the brake calipers on my airplane so I'm looking for a little help to find the part number for the caliper O-ring kit. This is a regular Cleveland brake caliper, does anyone have the number? Do the usual culprits keep them in stock?

Thanks, Pete

Here is a cut and paste from the e-mail last time I ordered some o-rings:

O-RINGS, INC.
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 938
Date Ordered: Thursday 27 July, 2006

Products
12 x -218 V90 (1.234 X 0.139) () = $8.40
Packaging Bulk Pkg
Lubrication None (No Charge)
1 x KIT BN70 () = $18.00
Packaging Bulk Pkg
12 x -218 V75 (1.234 X 0.139) () = $6.00
Packaging Bulk Pkg
Sub-Total: $32.40
Table Rate (US Ground Shipping): $6.00
Total: $38.40

I ordered these (and extras for spares/buddies) from O-rings USA. Note that these are the Viton o-rings, which are compatible with both the "regular" hydraulic fluid and the higher-temp 83282 which I use. The Viton rings are better able to resist high temps and are a drop-in replacement.

The ring size you want is the -218, I think you can use either durometer of the Viton (V75 or V90). I'm currently using the V75s on my RV-8 and they work well.

The BN70 "Kit" was the plastic box full of every size o-ring that a lot of FBOs have. It's useful to have around.

Hope this helps.

Cleveland Brakes Exploded View

Also can find exploded view in 2006-2007 Spruce Catalog, p.230, or online. Spruce o-ring part no is 101-02300. Pls note that it is possible to install the piston backwards, not good.

Also can find exploded view in 2006-2007 Spruce Catalog, p.230, or online. Spruce o-ring part no is 101-02300. Pls note that it is possible to install the piston backwards, not good.
that part number is not the higher grade o-ring. this is the older style. i've called and talked with spruce about this.

Back