What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Petit Jean RV Camping Update #1

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Paul Dye just shut down.

Danny, Ross, Don, Andy, Charlie, Jay, Carol and I are all in place on the ground. VAF Mobile One is up and running (5 bars). 3:10pm.

WX is perfect - about 65*F.

Steaks thawing. Firewood gathered.

Wish you were here!

Pictures and more text coming....

b,
dr

Paul Dye just shut down.

Danny, Ross, Don, Andy, Charlie, Jay, Carol and I are all in place on the ground. VAF Mobile One is up and running (5 bars). 3:10pm.

WX is perfect - about 65*F.

Steaks thawing. Firewood gathered.

Wish you were here!

Pictures and more text coming....

b,
dr

Have a great time and be thinking of those of us that are stuck at 97% done 95% left.......or have to work....or have ____________ you fill in the blank.
Play safe, fly safe and give another of those inspiring pix/story write ups.:D

Frank @ SGU RV7A 97% done......95% left to do:eek:

Wilco, Frank!

Paul Dye just took Jay's -8 up for a spin and gave us a nice show. There are (7) RVs and a couple of sluggers. Matt Burch and Nathan flew over from Kansas (just left for the return flight). Dinner is about to start, the sun is about to go down and we're sitting around the campfire.

I'll take lots of pics I promise!!!

b,
d

PS: Wish you guys were here!

Gary Bricker

Be sure and post pictures. I can't come up there this time but I want to get another trip together in the spring.

I drove up from my house to visit and see the rvs. I am currently building an 8A (fuselage kit), and it was very enlightening to see the beautiful planes and get to ask a few questions to experienced builders. Thanks for all the information. I certainly hope you enjoy your stay in Arkansas. You could tell the group was settling in around the campfire and about to experience an enjoyable evening. I would encourage others to join them on their next trip here; Petit Jean is a very nice location.

Thanks Again,
Robert Brech

Just dropped in

It was cool getting to meet people I'd only ever corresponded with before - even if we did have to park the Arrow down at the end and try to claim it was an RV-28A. :)

mcb

Back