What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skymap IIIc battery

a8301

Anyone replace the internal battery in a Skymap IIIc , was it much trouble or should I have a shop do it.

Bruce 9A
IO 320 catto prop

i

Last edited:
Just crossed that bridge... After removing several layers to get to the battery, it became apparant that it was job better left for the factory. While it was possibly the most expensive electronics battery I've ever purchased, Honeywell was very responsive and the unit was returned with a 'current' data card. YMMV

Ernie Butcher
N99SU -8 Flying

Sent mine back to Honeywell too. Took a while but I had a spare unit for my RV10 so no worries while it was gone. It hurts to spend that much to have the battery replaced but not as much as dealing with a Garmin on a daily basis.:rolleyes::D;)

Gotta love how easy these units are to use.

I'm thinking that the guys who designed the IIIC are same same people who sell you a printer for $79.99 and ink cartridges for $39.95. Honeywell will get you every 5 years for the battery and also for those cheap data card updates!:(

Now it would have been nice if the battery had a little access cover on the back but...

Back