What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Large Dynon EFIS

SteinAir

Well Known Member
I know many of you have seen this, but I thought I'd drop in a couple of pictures of the new 7" dynon, although they are not the best (my computer skills are lacking here so forgive me), but I thought I'd post a few details. Screen resolution is quite amazing at 854x480 pixels....my pics don't do it justice.....

larged3.jpg

larged4.jpg

Cost: $2395
Lot's of new functionality, and more to come. Orders can be placed starting July 18, with Dynon hoping to deliver shortly after OSH!

Anyway, they have a LOT of information now out on it, here's a short list... but I'm too lazy to re-type their entire brochure for the thing. Will do it soon, but better to see it in person at OSH!

7" Screen
Full flight instrumentation, above and beyone the D-10A
Utilizes Mounting Tray
USB Serial Converter
Split Screen Capability
User Defined Checklist Capability
Large Screen Engine monitor coming late 2005 (at $2195 + probes, etc.)
Interdisplay datalink capability.
AOA capability
Battery Backup (Optional)
3 yr warranty
Future GPS Link (only bad rumor here, but upcoming CDI possible).

Cheers,
Stein.

$2395?

Only $200 more than the smaller version? Is that only an introductory OSH promotion price??

Stein,
For comparison of the resolution of 854x480 for the "big" Dynon, what is the resolution of the GRT EFIS-1?

I think the GRT is 240 x 400 pixels, but as I understand it it's not a complete "apples to apples" comparision, as there are many different factors that go into the end result of what your eye actually perceives. Better to talk to GRT about it, they can give a better explanation that I could...things like "nits", sunlight readability, reflectivity, etc...

and...yes...it's only going to cost a few hundred more than the little one, at least for the foreseeable future, but I'd plan on a little bump in pricing sooner or later!

Cheers,
Stein.

are these things legal to do ifr stuff with also can they inerface with nav radios GPS, ADF etc. Newbie here so if this sounds uninformed thats why.

The $2395 price is not a "promotional" price. It is our standard price for the D100 EFIS. It includes the EDC (remote compass) so the real increase is only $100.

We can do our airspeeds in Knots or MPH. It's just a menu option, but everyone likes MPH because it makes you look like you're going faster ;)

Back