What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair order

petesrv7

I ordered a couple of banjo fitting on 31 may 2005, have emailed them for a responce about when I would be recieving them and no reply.

has anyone else had this same problem with them???

thats a head of time, Pete Coleman N849PC RV7 :confused:

Andair slow to ship.

YES.......
Seems it is a long way to get here.
I try to buy their parts from Vans or $cspruce if possible but sometimes only Andair sells the part you need. I just waited....like what other option is there?
and it eventually showed up!
Hang in there....their products are wonderfully made.
Bob

I ordered 20x7 two weeks ago, and haven't heard from them at all.. only automated email.. (didn't expect either) Have not tried contacting them separately, thinking it's way too early. I guess considering their track record, you need to wait at least 2 months before asking any questions..

I ordered an Oil Separator at Sun-N-Fun and got it 2 months after with no reply to my emails. I have a feeling it will show up for you in time.

-Jeff

A long wait

:( I ordered a 20 x 7 in January from Spruce and got it the end of May but it was wrong. Waiting for the replacement with no word when that will happen.

Jeff Vaughan

I'm awaiting shipment of my duplex valve. I spoke to the Andiar people at the PFA rally (UK) and they admitted never answering Emails. They say they get so much email they can either build valves or answer the Email...

Their deliveries are quite slow (anticipate a couple of months) as they build valves to order, but their stuff is beautifully made.

If you really need an answer they do always answer the phone. Just remember the time difference!

Dave

I also ordered banjo fittings around the middle of April. STILL NOT HERE! I tried emailing them, calling them, you name it.

Gave up! I hope they don't send my order because I purchased a FS20X7 valve from Aerocraft Parts, the Lancair affiliated parts supplier. Now I have a FS20X3 that I need to sell on here...

The lady at Aerocraft parts said I got the last one. And the one I got looks like it was opened but never used. Good news - no banjo fittings requried to fit in the RV-7/9!

img_6587.jpg

Yep, me too. I ordered some banjo fittings on the web, and it's been ages. I sent an e-mail asking, but no reply. My credit card has been debited, which means that they're probably on their way.

Despite no contact, I have every faith in them. Their products speak for themselves, and I've always gotten what I ordered, although it takes a while. The demand must be high, as these valves are top notch. They're in some production aircraft now too, like the Diamonds.

I just recieved an email that my valve shipped.

Not bad lead time at all really, I placed my order on May 3, and it shipped July 14....a little more than two months is not that bad.

Me, too. Just got an email saying my order was shipped. To me the delay isn't so bad as the lack of communication from the company. I've tried emailing and calling multiple times but to no avail.

So now I have two valves and a pair of banjo fittings. I only need the one FS20X7 valve I purchased and is now in the plane. Selling the other valve - see Classifieds for that. Probably will have to sell the banjo fittings when they arrive.

I agree, great products if you can get them!

Hi Folks - England calling !

I have met Andy and his wife a few times at shows and have one of their -7 valves and separators. They have found themselves in the enviable position of producing products of a very high quality that sell extremely well, however keeping up production and maintaining quality require careful balancing.

I am not connected in any way with them and my product was a long time in coming but patience will be rewarded. I found that a good time to call was about 1700 local UK time, that is toward the end of the work day and you stand a chance of getting an answer, emails won't usually get replied to unfortunately.

When it arrives, you will be very pleased you waited !

Andair banjo fittings

:) Well, I recieved my fitting on july 22nd almost 2 months, did recieve Email as to when they were shipped, the 18th of July thats very fast from England.

Peteundefinedundefined

I have to report as well (a bit late) that I also received my Andair order. Ordered 6/25, and they shipped 7/25.. it was here 5 days later ..

fuel valve questions

I noticed Vans Sells two different valves, can someone tell me what
the difference is on these.. Why such a price diff ? I am building an
rv9a with carb but I don't know if the 184.00 valve will work... if so
does vans stock these or do they drop ship them from andy ?
any help would be great.. don't want to brake the bank, but the
38.00 valve "lacks" if you ask me.. If it will work then I may try it
but I don't want any suprises.. thanks in advance..
Danny...

180 Degree "lift and turn" fuel valve
Part Number = FUEL VALVE FS 20x3
Price = $184.00

180 Degree dual "lift and turn" fuel valve
Part Number = FUEL VALVE FS 20x20-3
Price = $365.00

Correct valve

180 Degree "lift and turn" fuel valve
Part Number = FUEL VALVE FS 20x3
Price = $184.00

This valve will work fine for a carburator application. The "dual" valve is for certain fuel injected applications where a fuel return line is needed. They have valves designed specifically for the RV7 so that it will fit better in the center console. I'm not sure if this is needed for the RV9, but you may want to check.

Their website is http://www.andair.co.uk/ - it only seems to work with Microsoft Internet Explorer. They have a lot of different fitting options, so it might be best to check with other 9 builders to see what they used. These things are not cheap, but they are really excellent quality.

Just an update... Andair charged my credit card and said they shipped my order on 7/15/05 (ordered 4/5/05) but it still has not arrived. Will be taking this one up with the credit card company now that it officially has been charged.

90 Degree Males Heads

I was at Osh, and the rep recommended a FS20x7 with some 90 degree male AN fittings on it (eliminating the need for expensive banjo fittings) for my rv-7a. They point down so that the tubing has a straight run. Andair's site does not seem to list the 90 degree fittings (I think they are new). Two questions:

1) What is everyone buying for the 7As now?

2) How/where do I get an FS20x7 with the 90 degree male fittings?

Thansk,
Scott

Andair are good people with fine products

I have known the people who run Andair for 15 years. They are good people. I think the US vernacular would be a "Mom & Pop shop", although I think it is now run by their son. You don't speak to a rep at Osh or SnF - you speak to Andy or Terry who own the outfit. They make a very good product and do have a backlog of 2 or 3 months - but they are not "big business" by any stretch of the immagination, so wouldn't you want to have a small backlog in that position. I understand that they have recently invested hundreds of thousands of pounds in new computer controlled machinery, that will run all night unattended, to try to keep up with the orders. Perhaps if they didn't make such a quality product (like the stuff in the Vans kits) they wouldn't have such a backlog!

Andy is an RV-6 builder & pilot, in fact he uses it to fly around Europe to see his customers. I think you should give him some slack - perhaps get on the phone if you want to know where your order is. Be aware that business practices around the World are not always the same as in the US - like the sticker says, failure to plan on your part does not consitute an emergency on my part.

I have an FS20x7 on my RV-6. It is better than the earlier versions as it only takes a 90 degree movement to change tanks. I used banjo fittings, but regular AN fittings would probably have been OK. To use the AN fittings, order the valve with female fittings, then buy a couple of 90 degree AN fittings from your favourite hardware supplier.

Pete

90 degree fittings

Yes, Johnl...those are the fittings I was looking for. Where do i get an FS20x7 with those fittings? No luck on Andair or Spruce website...

Thanks,
Scott

Long story short, went to Andair right at 9:00 on Monday at Osh. Looking for the banjo fiitings. Andy was super nice and explained that Cirrus Aircraft is taking all the banjo fittings for their duplex valve.He showed me the new fitting that is now in production.Went to the Wicks booth and told them about it too. He said I could take them but had to wait till the end of the show.I drive up from the Milwaukee area so no big deal to come back.I would check with Wicks to see the status. The other display set went to a builder from South America.Again ,Andy and his wife were very nice, Good Luck, John 90586

These stories about delays and unanswered e-mails are all too common, not just in our little hobby, but throughout the land. Customer service and good products make for a healthy business and it doesn't cost companies much to provide the former. Sometimes it's just a response to an e-mail.

If good products alone were enough to keep businesses in business, there'd be a lot less activity in the bankruptcy courts.

Not sure why people smart enough to start a business and make a product aren't smart enough to realize the value of customer service.

oshkosh andair order received

just wanted to add another datapoint....

i ordered my fs20x7 from andair at oshkosh (on tuesday, i think it was....)

it came in the mail august 13 (saturday). i'm happy.

john

Andair Response

Not to revive a dead topic, but did anyone figure out a good way to get ahold of Andair? I sent them an email a week ago with no response. I would just order the valve that I need on their website, but they don't have the fittings I want listed. I am looking to purchase an FS20x7 with the fittings posted by JOHNL, but haven't had any luck.

Outside of an international phone call (I only have a cell phone), how have people gotten ahold of them?

THanks,
Scott

Good timing

I ordered my valve on 7/7/05 and they still have not charged my credit card.

Last night I pulled up the confirmation email I received from them and contained within it is another email address you are supposed to use for your status check. They even say they will check it every day and get back to you.

I'll post when and if they get back to me.

They are alive

Andair replied to my email this morning, they are "despatching (sic) your order today".

The email address they give to check your order status is "[email protected]".

When I sent them the note to check on my order, I forwarded their email confirmation. Don't know if this helped but it sure didn't hurt.

N941WR said:
I ordered my valve on 7/7/05 and they still have not charged my credit card.

Last night I pulled up the confirmation email I received from them and contained within it is another email address you are supposed to use for your status check. They even say they will check it every day and get back to you.

I'll post when and if they get back to me.

FYI - my valve arrived today, 9/19/05. A bit over two months from when I ordered it.

Last edited:
Website Updated

I've been bugging andair about how to order the new 90 degree fittings for the FS20x7 valve, and they finally updated the website.

Just thought I would pass that along if anyone was having the same problem I was. Only problem now...$240. Ouch! I don't remember it being that pricy at Oshkosh.

Scott

andair osh price

Just thought I would pass that along if anyone was having the same problem I was. Only problem now...$240. Ouch! I don't remember it being that pricy at Oshkosh.

they weren't. i don't remember the exact number, but it was either $212 or $218 for the valve with the fittings on it at osh.

john

Back