What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Child safety seats...

This little girl was so lucky that she was strapped in like this. I'm sure her parents are very glad this care was taken but here grandfather did not make it.

It has been a bad 10 days here in the Rockies. 3 crashes, 1 more plane missing and an RV6A nose gear fold up (bad landing). Another fellow I knew, not well, died in the Malibu crash a few days ago. Apparent loss of power, mayday and nowhere to go over the rocks near dusk.

Give the mountains respect and give yourself an out. Engine failure over the rocks daytime- not good. At night, most likely fatal. Seems like every Fall here, we lose someone in the mountains. I've known a few of them.:(

Eternal flight my friends.

I strap my children in car seats on the big planes and the little ones. You just never know what is about to happen.

I've seen the results of my mother going through a windshield and my younger brother died in a car accident last year due to him not wearing a seatbelt.

Regardless of age, we should ALL be taking safety precautions, even if it is a little "uncomfortable." I don't care who you are, if you're riding in a vehicle I'm driving/piloting, you're wearing the belt or you're not riding. :)

Back