What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The right parts manual?

ddurakovich

Well Known Member
OK, I need a parts manual for an O-360-A1D, circa 1963 vintage.

I keep seeing a 1980 version, 1985 version, etc., etc., etc.

HELP! Is the earliest the right one, the latest, or ???

HELP!

Dave

Call Lycoming

Dave,

Last January when I bought my O-290 I called Lycoming for the OH and parts manual. They sent me the latest revision ASAP. When you call them, ask about AD's or SB's that may be on the engine. I think you can also register your engine with them so if any new AD's or SB's come out, they will notify you.

The number is 570-323-6181.

Bill

PS. Which airport are you flying out of? I learned to fly at 1D2.

Detroit

Building my -4 out of DET. Just actually relaced here last summer, so not a lot of experience with the area. Do fly a little out of D98.... have a piece of a C172 over there.

Thanks for the info, I think I may just go that way!

Dave

Dave,
About 2 years ago I bought a Lycoming 360 parts manual from Wag Aero. It is an older one (no date, but early 70s, I think). It covers both wide and narrow decks. It has been an asset because it has an area in the front where it tells which part numbers have been superseded. I also received a newer parts manual from Aircraft Specialties Services in Tulsa. This one only covers the narrow decks like I?m building. It is nice having this also because it shows the most recent part numbers. I?ve needed both.

Cameron Smith

Dave,
The latest parts manual will be backwards compatible. You only need to know if you want a manual for a N/D or W/D engine. They can be purchased relatively inexpensively from any Lycoming Distributor. You might also consider the purchase of an overhaul manual and an owner?s manual for the engine. The three run about a 125.00 normally. The parts manual normally runs around 30 bucks.
Good Luck,
Mahlon

Back