What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

UMA

cytoxin

Well Known Member
well im on my second UMA vertical speed indicator :mad: the first on was showing a 1500 fpm climb. the second one is at 150 fpm dive:mad: should i just give up on UMA seems like junk to me.

note: these have never been installed and are new out of the box from vans. i removed the little red plug in the back no change. instructions say to send in for service. :rolleyes:

gil

i was using this to back up the two dynons i may just not use one at all. the united looks much nicer but i notice on the page a tiny screw in the bottom left corner. is that for adj?

hmmmmm

Yes, that is used to calibrate to zero.

should i or is this a warranty voiding type deal. as it has sat all day in my shop with the red plug removed from the port it now reads 0 but if i pick it up and give it a light tap it goes to 100 fpm dive indication.

Pilots...

should i or is this a warranty voiding type deal. as it has sat all day in my shop with the red plug removed from the port it now reads 0 but if i pick it up and give it a light tap it goes to 100 fpm dive indication.

If it's on the front and not under a "sticky seal label", it obviously must be a pilot adjustable item...:D

gil A

Back