What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dayton Trip

KirkGrovesRV8

Well Known Member
Hi guys and Gals!
I was wondering if there would be any interest in a day trip to the US Air Force museum in Dayton?
I will gladly arrange for a van to head to the museum, I planned on meeting at I19 and head over from there.
Any interest any and all are welcome!:D

Oh please do! I live 2 minutes from the museum in the AF family housing. I'd love to meet up with you guys and see some RVs. I can swipe my wife's Corolla and ferry a few people over.

There are a few guys with the local EAA chapter building RVs at I19. I'm working on my 9 emp at home, with SB wings ordered about a week ago.

MN Group

Great idea. There were several of us from MN who were planning one of these in about the May timeframe, but the wx went to heck and we canceled. We might be interested again, although we would overnight somewhere in Dayton.

That would be great!

Hey Alex and Jim!
That would be great! I am totally open to dates so I would propose lets pick a date that works and plan on meeting and maybe sharing a Van over to the AF muesum.
To be totally honest Alex I have kinda wanted to meet you and say hello:) Your website was one of the ones I often look at while building.
Any way this could be fun,

About a year ago I was told I could fly directly into the base, but this may have been only because my 9A is dedicated to the memory of someone that was being honored that day (Capt Bill Burkett, FAC in Viet Nam.) As it turned out, I wasn't flying yet, so had to pass. Hadn't thought about it since, but is it possible to get permission to fly into Wright-Pat? I am planning on going over on a Friday to watch the restoration of the Memphis Belle.

Bob Kelly

Hey Alex and Jim!
That would be great! I am totally open to dates so I would propose lets pick a date that works and plan on meeting and maybe sharing a Van over to the AF muesum.
To be totally honest Alex I have kinda wanted to meet you and say hello:) Your website was one of the ones I often look at while building.
Any way this could be fun,

Wow, Kirk, thanks. I haven't updated the site for several years, guess I should! I did just move it, though.

I have not yet met an RV builder/flyer I didn't enjoy getting to know. An interesting bunch, I guess. Hope we can work out the Dayton trip sometime.

Alex,
I was hoping you would have some pics of LOE to share with us. I visited your web site for the first time tonight,and it brought back found memories of Van's 03.
Dale
N565DM

Hi guys and Gals!
I was wondering if there would be any interest in a day trip to the US Air Force museum in Dayton?
I will gladly arrange for a van to head to the museum, I planned on meeting at I19 and head over from there.
Any interest any and all are welcome!:D

If you go -- and you should, it's the best air museum I've seen -- kiss two aircraft for me: The F-111A (not the EF-111A) tail number 067 and the F-111F tail number 390. I've flown those two many times.

-John

Back