What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

BBQ Place in Lockhart?

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
I am suffering from a memory lapse - or maybe a false memory....isn't there a BBQ place near the Lockhart airport (50R)? I was thinking of a shorter-than-usual flight around lunchtime tomorrow, but want a change from Brenham....

Paul

I like Smitty's

There are a number of really good BBQ places in Lockhart. Smitty's is a couple of miles from the airport - I've driven down from Austin for their BBQ.

Chisolm Trail is the closest to the airport. Then there's also Black's and Crites' (Krites'?) BBQ in north Lockhart.

For future reference

I saw this too late, DARN!

The last time (it has been a while) I flew in Lockhart had a courtesy car. My favorite place, hands down is Kreuz's (pronounced Crites). Chisholm Trail is good. Have not tried Smitty's, on principle because it was the original Kreuz until the family fued (sister owned the building and brother owned the business) sent it to the new location. Ooops got carried away, more than anyone needed to know.:)

Thanks for refreshing the old memory folks! I ended up playing around locally today - neighbors are having a last-minute, short notice BBQ this afternoon, so it turned out I didn't need to go anywhere with food. Nice weather around Houston today - smooth at altitude, so I recorded some data I had been missing on some performance parameters. A write-up to come, but Wx is too nice to stay indoors this afternoon!

Paul

Back