What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Marker Beacon?

apatti

Well Known Member
For those of you that are using the intercom feature of the Icom...

What are you using for a marker beacon receiver??

Thanks,

New Stand Alone Marker Beacon Receiver

PS Engineering is now shipping a stand alone Marker Beacon Receiver, known as the MB-10. There are two versions, one that is panel mounted while the other is remote mounted.

You can download the Installation Manual by going to http://ps-engineering.com/docs/MB10_IM.pdf

List price is $595 with purchase price probably less from any one of our dealers.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering, Inc.
www.ps-engineering.com
apatti said:

Thanks,

apatti said:

Thanks,

I'm curious if anyone has tried the RST-523 from RST Engineering. It's a build it yourself stand alone receiver at $119.

I know of one...

Bret S said:
I'm curious if anyone has tried the RST-523 from RST Engineering. It's a build it yourself stand alone receiver at $119.
I have a friend still using one in his -6A as part of the RST audio panel.... it's still working and in use after 7 years...

gil in Tucson

Marker Beacon

Do I really need a MB receiver? I plan to fly occasional IFR, and will have an ILS/GS indicator to be legal, but will fly primarily GPS approaches.

Bret S said:

I have one. Cheap, light, it works and the best part is that you get to build it.

Last edited:
craigvince said:
Do I really need a MB receiver? I plan to fly occasional IFR, and will have an ILS/GS indicator to be legal, but will fly primarily GPS approaches.
Not really. Remember that the MM is not normally required, and if so, there is no requirement to increase minimums if it is inop or missing. If MM or OM is required as part of the approach and has a waypoint or NDB as part of the marker, you can substitute GPS nav to that beacon instead.

... at least I hope I have this right ... I'm off to take my instrument in a few days...

TODR

Back