What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

North Myrtle Beach

I've never had any problems with controllers at CRE or MYR and have been to both many, many times over the past 10 years. In fact, they are probably some of the nicest out there.

Grand Strand has a nice miniature golf course (Hawaiian Rumble-- I think it's called) a very easy walk from the airport, and there's a strip mall with a Subway and Baskin Robbins right across from it. Good place to take the kid for a nice day out and you don't even need a rental car. The beach is a little longer walk, but they will rent you a car by the hour. I think it's up to 2 hours free if you buy gas and then $8 an hour after that. Cagney's is a great restaurant right up the road if you want to take the S/O and then plenty of public access points to the water for a walk along the beach after dinner.

wow that sounds off to me

i have flown into cre at night as a student, solo as a student, solo as ppl twice, and with two other pilots in spam cans. never so much as a twitch from atc. the fbo didnt charge a ramp fee and they let us use the car to go to the bass pro shops and luch at no charge. havent been back since july a year ago i hope it hasnt gone to **** in a hand basket. my wife likes the melting pot (fondue) which is right down the road. we'll see soon enough though :)

Back