What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

mag/start switch

lawrence

Well Known Member
my mag/start switch is a gerdes.aircraft spruce sells a "acs ignt srvc kit " for a "acs" switch. is the acs switch service kit that aircraft spruce sells the same mag/start switch as mine that is decaled "gerdes"? the online drawing (aircraftspruce) looks like a carbon copy of my Gerdes switch. but is called a acs switch.....thanks....lawrence...

lawrence said:
my mag/start switch is a gerdes.aircraft spruce sells a "acs ignt srvc kit " for a "acs" switch. is the acs switch service kit that aircraft spruce sells the same mag/start switch as mine that is decaled "gerdes"? the online drawing (aircraftspruce) looks like a carbon copy of my Gerdes switch. but is called a acs switch.....thanks....lawrence...

CALL SPRUCE AND ASK THEM THIS SAME QUESTION. THEY SHOULD KNOW...

voltage spikes

lawrence said:
thanks for reply gassman. aircraftspruce has no information on this subject.(i called) so i ordered the service kit a-3650-2. hopefuly,the gerdes and the acs switch are the same. i just thought someone on this site would know.also another question for the group.what happens if i do not have the diode in the wire to the starter relay installed??....thank you....lawrence....
spikes that could damage your delicate electronics.
see this thread http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=18698&highlight=diodes

Back