What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar Space near ORD?

Gregmarlow

Well Known Member
Anyone have or know of anyone that may have hangar space within 1.5 hours driving time to O'Hare?

I'm going back to American Airlines soon (after a 4 year furlough) and would like to find a place to work on my plane while I sit reserve for them. (Yes, I will have "buddy passes" to provide to my friends...)

One I could live in or real close by would be nice, even if I had to purchase one of the other kinds of RV's to sleep in. I live in Tennessee with wife/4 kids, but sitting reserve for American, I'll be in the Chicago area 20 days per month on a beeper. Oh, yeah, living the dream of a professional pilot. FYI for the last 4 years I've been flying C-17s in the AF Reserves into Iraq and Afghanistan - and I started my own airline - I just got to finish the company's first plane, and then I have seniority number 1 in that airline.

Thanks in advance,
Greg Marlow
RV-9A fuselage
Kingsport, TN

Try Poplar Grove airport, C77, just north of Belvidere, IL and 70 minute drive from ORD. This airport was featured in last month's AOPA magazine and is home to, among other things, the Blackhawk RV formation flight squadron. Its a great place for aviating and Hangar space is available from time to time.

Perfect, thanks!

That looks perfect. Anyone know of anyone that has one of the condo's or homes with a bedroom to rent?

Thanks!

Greg:

I live at Poplar Grove Airport. (We love RVs!) I'll talk to a few folks today and see what's available. The rental hangars are usually fully occupied here, but most of the 115+ homes have private hangars, so there ought to be someplace you could set up a workshop. I also have a contact that might be able to rent you a room.

PM me with your phone number, and I'll get back to you.

Cheers,
Buck

Back