What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Using a 496 with weather and a gizmo

houndsfour

I have asked this question in a different thread but never received and feed back.
I question and problem is, is anyone using a 496 with weather and the Gizmo panel mount ( dock)?
I have the panel dock mounted and have been using a 196 and just fell in love with the Gizmo mount. Now I've up graded to a 496 with weather. problem:
the 496 with the weather antenna, by XM Radio, will not fit into the Gizmo becuase the USB plug is a 90 degree plug and will not allow the 496 to snap into the dock. I ordered an extention from XM only to receive the same 90 degree plug thats on the antenna. Is anyone else having this problem?
Open to any suggestions.
Rich
N721ET RV-6

I had to enlarge the holes in the gizmo a little to allow easy removal of the GPS. It now works like a charm. Larry

LARCO said:
I had to enlarge the holes in the gizmo a little to allow easy removal of the GPS. It now works like a charm. Larry
Same hear and I had to drill a hole for the stereo output. The new AirGizmo's come with these holes already in place.

Great, why I didn't see those pictures on the Gizmo 496 site I don't know.
But thanks to all who have helped me.
Ya just gota love having weather " in hand" so to speak. And with the panel dock it's just perfect.
Rich.
N721ET
RV-6

Back