What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stewart Systems Waterborne Paint

Brad Roberts

I'm New Here
Has anyone had recent success with the waterborne paint from Stewart Systems? I've tried multiple times and can't seem to get a smooth finish. It looks like thousands of small blisters distributed evenly across the surface. I sent the unused paint back to Stewart and they replaced it, claiming the original lot had a bad tint. But the new lot exhibits the same problem. I've read in the forum that some have had success with it. I've followed Stewart's instruction very carefuly, even buying the paint gun they recommend. I'm painting in the early morning here in Dallas, but even at 7:00 AM, the temperature is close to 80 degrees and the humidity is over 70%. Any suggestions?

Brad
N676BD

I have only used the primer and it looks like this when first sprayed but after it dries, it is smooth as any other primer. Sorry but have no experience with the paint.

What gun are you using and are you very familiar with its setup? Gun setup is very important.

Back