What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV'ers in Kentucky

avi8tor50

Well Known Member
Hi all-
Going to be moving to Somerset, Kentucky. Wondering if anyone building (or already finished) an RV is nearby. If not Somerset, maybe Lexington? If so let me know!

Peter K
9A QB

I live on the east side of "Land between the Lakes". By looking on the map, it is quite aways. We will need to get our planes finished so we can fly to see each other.

Bobby Hester lives north of Nashville and is flying a 7A since February.

LBL

Carl,
I live on the west side of LBL, and I'm taking my PPL lessons at KCEY.(Murray,Ky) Didn't know anyone was that close by. Cool :cool: , maybe I can get some directions off list and come visit some time?
I knew there was an F1 Rocket in Cape, and a RV-4 in Farmington, MO (I've inspected it on the ramp a CEY, but the canopy was covered and I didn't get to meet the owner :( ). It's nice to know there's an RVer close by. Maybe it'll give me the motivation to order an emp. kit!!

Last edited:
Peter, yes you want to join the Ohio Valley RVators, we are a very active group. As for RV'er in your area, yes there is a large contingent...........getting larger as we speak. I live in Richmond. There is another builder just up the road who is building a 7A, couple 10's within rock throwing distance (welcome to KY, learn the lingo:). My DAR gave me Somerset as one of my flight test area airports. My grandparents owned a 13 cabin fishing lodge on Lake Cumberland so I spent my growing up years there and frequent it often. Welcome. Give me a shout.

Two RV-9A builds in Louisville area

There are two of us building RV-9A's in the Louisville area. Mine in Crestwood and the other in Shepardsville. There will be an 8A being started in Shepardsville following the 9's completion.

Thank you all for responding. I look forward to meeting you and am relieved to know that there are folks building RV's not too far away!

Peter K

cbnank Join Date: Oct 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I live on the east side of "Land between the Lakes". By looking on the map, it is quite aways. We will need to get our planes finished so we can fly to see each other.

Sorry, I live WEST of "Land between the Lakes". Thanks Josh for alerting me to that fact. How can I talk to controllers if I don't know east from west!!!!!

cbnank said:
Sorry, I live WEST of "Land between the Lakes". Thanks Josh for alerting me to that fact. How can I talk to controllers if I don't know east from west!!!!!

I just said that I lived on the west side. It just so happens that my town and yours are both on the same side of the lake. :D

Josh

Back