What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Summer Evening in North Georgia.

RV8iator

Well Known Member
Benefactor
I finished working on my hangar this afternoon around 6 and decided to take a hop around the patch just because. As I was starting up I got a radio call asking if I would mind taking our friend Harold up for a ride. Now Harold is a pilot, has a Maule, a helocopter and is rebuilding a Seabee , but he had never flown in an RV.
I shut down and helped Harold strap in and we were off. We climbed up above the haze layer and found cool air and I asked Harold if he would like to fly. Quicker than I could shake the stick he was on the controls. Giggles, goshes and I can't believe its later I asked if he would like to do some acro and he said have at it.
We did loops, rolls both ways, wingovers, cuban 8's and just plain had fun for about 10 minutes and called it quits.
We landed refreshed and with the typical grin and just enjoyed the evening.
Harold was a great passenger and said he had never had so much fun in an airplane.
Oh, by the way, Harold is 86 years young.
Just another RV day at the airport.

North GA.

Jerry:

When are you gonna stop corrupting other pilots???? :D Pretty soon everyone is gonna want an RV!!!!!!!!!

Come over to KAJR sometime so I can buy you lunch and practice some more formation flying. Seems like I never get my 8 pointed toward 9A0.
770-519-4999

Here I come

Hey Mannan, I still have the CD of photo's of your plane in my plane. Just never seem to have time to get over there. I bought a hangar here in Dahlonega and have been working on getting it ready to move in. It's the farthest one north when you get over here. If the door's up and a red F-250's there, I'm there.
I'm starting to look for other RV's that may want to hangar here also, so if you know anybody that may be interested, send them my way. It's brand new, 60X70. By the way, we are out of fuel until mid next week.
Hope to see you soon.

so when are you guys coming to Athens.

Miss Sue is flying again after a little down time

Back