What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Other Sherwin Williams Products

PaulR

Well Known Member
I'm about to get a another gallon of primer and P60G2 isn't available in the immediate area. A search of SW site produced a couple of viable candidates which are readily available locally. E2G973 and E2G980. These come from their automotive group instead of their Industrial group.
I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with either of them.

Thanks for the help

PaulR said:
I'm about to get a another gallon of primer and P60G2 isn't available in the immediate area. A search of SW site produced a couple of viable candidates which are readily available locally. E2G973 and E2G980. These come from their automotive group instead of their Industrial group.
I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with either of them.

Thanks for the help
I've been using E2G973 for about 25 years. It's great. It is especially good on aluminum, steel and magnesium.

E2G973

Mel,
Thanks for the quick answer. I've searched their website and the Product Data sheet looking for acceptable top coats and really haven't had any luck.

I'm assuming that I can top coat with most anything? I'm thinking only of the interior at this time as Ive not primed any of the outside of the plane yet.

Thanks again

Yes, BUT

If you are going to top coat E2G973, you need to use a sealer or primer surfacer. It is not recommended directly under enamel, acrylic enamel or acrylic lacquer top coats.
Sherwin Williams automotive refinishing guide has all the information you need.

Back