What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oil pressure switch question

647jc

Well Known Member
I plan to install a Vans oil pressure switch IE SPDT PRES-15 SW in addition to the regular oil pressure transducer and fuel pressure transducer (supplied by Dynon) to drive a hobbs meter and a panel idiot light. A typical 0-320 installation has the fuel pressure transducer in the bottom transducer manifold location. The oil pressure transducer in the center location and I ASSUME the oil pressure switch will go in the top location. My question is can I use AN-2D fittings and 1/8? copper tubing (like used in a fuel priming system) off the left side of the manifold to join the middle and top manifold locations to drive the oil pressure switch?

Thanks,
J.C.

There is a third port at each location.
I mounted my pressure switch at the middle
position along with the transducer and hose
from the engine. This leaves the top position
open.
Tom

It's easier than that.

There are three holes in each block. Front hole has transducer. Hole towards engine gets pressure hose. Instead of using plug, put switch in third hole.

Tip, assemble the transducers and switches onto the block BEFORE installing the block to the firewall. Lots easier that way.

I cut the last block OFF of my pressure setup since it was not needed,thereby saving at least a few grams of weight. :)

Back