What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any news from Lowrance?

smoke

Has anyone heard if Lowrance will be adding any type of WX display to their existing line of gps units? or a new unit. There were several rumors flying around prior to Oshkosh. I would have thought that if the rumors were true that they would have announced it there.

Lowrance WX

I tried emailing Lowrance Customer Service as I am more than ready to get XM weather. I had heard the same rumors as early as last year right after Airventure 2006.
Well, I contacted them on Friday, July 27, and have not heard anything yet.

I plan to call their tech support line this morning and will post what they tell me, if I can get through to them.

I talked to them about this subject at OSH and was told that it will probably entail a new addition to their product line. In other words, it will not be simply a programing update.

I also heard that collision avoidance will also be a feature. Sounds like next year's Oshkosh big splash for them.

painless said:
I talked to them about this subject at OSH and was told that it will probably entail a new addition to their product line. In other words, it will not be simply a programing update.

I also heard that collision avoidance will also be a feature. Sounds like next year's Oshkosh big splash for them.

I talked to them at Oshkosh about this, too...they indicated that it wouldn't happen until "after" late this year, which I took to mean "next year". :rolleyes:

I talked to them at Arlington. Said there was a new unit in the works; would cost more like the Avmap unit and I unfortunately I dont' remember about the WX, but believe it would have weather but I don't remember for sure. It was not my major concern. Seems like with that large a price jump it should have it. I'll see if I have Grant's card (the salesman); he was the guy who told me about it.

At SnF I spoke to Darrel Lowrance, the founder and just retired CEO.

He said to expect an XM product, and I had the impression that it would be introduced next year.

Back