What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Classic Aero Aviators Seats

jcash

I'm New Here
My husband and I are building an RV 9A and I am busy trying to figure out seats and interiors. I like the looks of the aviators seat from Classic Aero. But I am would like to see them in an RV 7A or 9A just to see how well they fit. Does anyone have recommendation of great seats and interiors? Is anyone going to Oshkosh that I could come to see your aviator seats?

You may want to check out Flightline Interiors. We are building an RV-9A and have worked with Abby on our interior design. Hard to beat her price....impossible to beat her creative input and customer-friendly service.

See for more information:
http://my.execpc.com/~erdmannb/

Check out this link to see the interior in the RV-7 that Tony Partain built (Partain Transport Co.).

http://www.vansairforce.net/rvoftheweek/2005/37b.jpg

He used Classic Aero's interior. When I asked him how he like it, he said "just buy it, you'll love it." My plane isn't flying yet, but I've had the seats and side panels in it, and they do look great. I'm not too far from Classic Aero, so I ordered and picked up my interior personally. The whole crew there is very nice and more than willing to answer any questions, even when I show up announced!

Classic Aero Seats

Our RV7a has a Classic Aero interior. We are flying our RV7a (first flight April 11) into OSH on Friday and will be parked in home built camping just west of RV parking. Stop by and look the interior over. The RV is unpainted and is N967BT.

Tom & Bonnie Lewis

Come on by

Weather and Maintenance gods allowing...I should be at OSH...I love my aviator interior from Classic Aero Design...very professional work. Look for a YELLOW! and RED! RV7A

Contact me offline, I'll give you my cell phone # so you can call me at OSH.

Look for a YELLOW! and RED! RV7A...I love my aviator interior from Classic Aero Design...very professional work.....

I snuck these photo's while Bob was not looking. So look for this RV

RV7061.jpg

to see this interior

RV7065.jpg

uh oh...

now I'm busted...

I've been getting the last few things packed...thought we'd leave tomorrow, but Thursday is probably more realistic.

I bought the interior for my 8 from Classic aero and couldn't be more pleased . Their quality, fit and finish are outstanding . Great company

I have their seat for my -10, beautiful work high end furniture/luxury car quality.

I just wish they had a door & panel kit for the -10 :(

I can't imagine anything less than perfect from Luke after seeing so many great looking RV's with their products.

Abby from Flightline Interiors makes a nice package as well so either way you can't really go wrong. My better half saw both and ordered the seats from Classic Aero, I make it a point not to ask her why she decides on one thing or another, it hurts my forehead, right in the middle, between my eyes. :p

I have the Classic Aero seats and FlightLine interior.

My wife told me that if I wanted her to ride for more then 30 minutes at a time that we would need some real good seats.
The seats are great. The only draw back is that the high back (which is nice) causes problem routing the shoulder harness over/around them. Every time I raise the seat to get into the baggage area or the seat pocket the belts tend to end up behind the seat which needs to be lifted again to free the belts.
I love the flightline interior. I got cloth and my Velcro will stick to the cabin sides anywhere that I want.

I won't be able to make OSH, but if your close to Oregon I would be happy to show it off.

Kent

Classic Aero

I bought the their seats for my 8, went w/the heated seat option on the rear seat. Also ordered the stick boot covers. It all looks great! The front seat is a liitle wider in the seat & back rest which takes away a little knee & foot room, but not really a problem(I'll be up front).

JCASH, I'd like to see what you come up with. I've been thinking about doing my own upholstery (mom taught me how to sew but that's another story).

Back