What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GNS 430w diplexer

fstringham7a

Well Known Member
Does anyone out there know if the GNS 430w has an internal diplexer so the VOR/Glide Slope can share the same antenna?

Frank @ SGU RV7A

fstringham7a said:
Does anyone out there know if the GNS 430w has an internal diplexer so the VOR/Glide Slope can share the same antenna?

Frank @ SGU RV7A
NO, it does not. The 480 does but for the 430/530/w you will need a external splitter or a separate antenna for the VOR/ILS.

Thanks

w1curtis said:
NO, it does not. The 480 does but for the 430/530/w you will need a external splitter or a separate antenna for the VOR/ILS.

Curtis Thanks for the info..........more $$$$$$$$$$$$$ By the way where did you come by this knowledge?

Frank @ SGU RV7A

fstringham7a said:
By the way where did you come by this knowledge?

Look at the back of the unit....it has a G/S antenna connector and a VOR/LOC antenna connector..... :rolleyes:

Paul

RE:THANKS AGAIN

Ironflight said:
Look at the back of the unit....it has a G/S antenna connector and a VOR/LOC antenna connector..... :rolleyes:

Paul

Paul
You really know how to make an old man feel good. :eek: Kind of reminds me of my school teaching days answering the obvious to the uncaring!!!!!!

So it looks like another antenna or somekind of external $$$$$$$$$$diplexer. ;)

Thanks for the obvious info.

Frank Old and Retired just not tired @ SGU RV7A

Sorry Frank....couldn't resist....

Check for used diplexers at salvage yards, or Oshkosh if you're going....the price for new ones is insane when you compare them to what you pay for a 75 Ohm TV diplexer - essentially the same manufacturing process, just diferent values.

I got one from a well-known Grumman salvage company for about ten bucks - they cut them out of wrecks.

Paul

Back