What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need a RV-6 Part #

Adam

Well Known Member
I'm building a RV-8 but a friend needs a part # for his RV-6 which he did not build. I need the the part # for the fiberglass intersection of the tail section and the fuselage.

Thanks
Adam Silverstein
Finish RV-8

Adam said:
I'm building a RV-8 but a friend needs a part # for his RV-6 which he did not build. I need the the part # for the fiberglass intersection of the tail section and the fuselage.

Thanks
Adam Silverstein
Finish RV-8
F-694--more letters so the post can go though.

F-694-B fiberglass fairing

Hello Adam,
If your friend is interested, I have a new, unused RV-6 F-694-B fairing I'll sell for one half the price that Van's lists them.
Chuck Brietigam
RV-3/RV-6
Louisville, Ky
502-254-5079

Chuck Brietigam said:
Hello Adam,
If your friend is interested, I have a new, unused RV-6 F-694-B fairing I'll sell for one half the price that Van's lists them.
Chuck Brietigam
RV-3/RV-6
Louisville, Ky
502-254-5079
I believe the F694B is the lower metal fairing. I only know this since I looked at the drawing today. Is the metal part what you are offering?

F-694 fiberglass fairing

Hello Larry,
Thank you for your post. I rechecked my plans dated 9-29-88 and it shows the .025 2024-T3 gap cover as F-694-A and the larger fiberglass empenage fairing as being F-694-B.
It's always good to recheck! Thanks for the keeping me focused!!
Blue skies,
Chuck

Chuck Brietigam said:
Hello Larry,
Thank you for your post. I rechecked my plans dated 9-29-88 and it shows the .025 2024-T3 gap cover as F-694-A and the larger fiberglass empenage fairing as being F-694-B.
It's always good to recheck! Thanks for the keeping me focused!!
Blue skies,
Chuck
No, thank you. I must be mistaken. First time that has happened!

The RV-6 used two different empennages: the original smaller VS & rudder, then at the last the larger RV-8 VS & counterbalanced rudder. The fairings are different.

The current fairing F-694B-1 listed in "The List" is for the later empennage and will not fit the original smaller VS (without a lot of rework).

If anyone has a fairing for the original smaller tail, I'd like one too. (F- ??)

Last edited:
GrayHawk said:
The RV-6 used two different empennages: the original smaller VS & rudder, then at the last the larger RV-8 VS & counterbalanced rudder. The fairings are different.

The current fairing F-694B-1 listed in "The List" is for the later empennage and will not fit the original smaller VS (without a lot of rework).

If anyone has a fairing for the original smaller tail, I'd like one too. (F- ??)
Fairings Etc.... Do yourself a favor and get their emepenage fairings. They have them all and know what they are doing.

YUP!

JonJay said:
Fairings Etc.... Do yourself a favor and get their emepenage fairings. They have them all and know what they are doing.
I got them and they fit and look great IMO. :D

Back