What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hull Insurance

kevinsky18

Well Known Member
Who here has Hull insurance on their RV. And who provides that insurance?

I was talking with a friend last weekend and he says you can't get hull insurance on an RV in Canada. Says no one provides it. I have a hard time believing that.

I got my "not-in-motion" insurance with Marsh through COPA (about $1600 + tax). They quoted about $3K for full hull insurance.

Cheers

Dan,

What part of Canada do you live in? I thought you were in Southern California? If that's so then I am still waiting to hear from a Canadian who actually has Hull insurance on their plane.

So anyone else? Is there not one Canadian that has Hull insurance on their aircraft?

I'm a dumbas...I couldn't believe nobody replied yet and I completely missed the category...

Well either the canadians aren't reading this section of the forum or we are all flying around without hull insurance on our homebuilts. . .

Hey Kevin

I'll ask around via email in my area. There are a number of RV'ers here that don't necessarily read the forums (hard to believe, I know ;-)

Later

Marsh

I chatted with the Marsh guys at the Oshawa show this weekend. I'm still building, and was interested in insuring during the build (which they do). I also inquired on hull insurance, in-motion, and they said they do that too.

I think you have to get approved by the underwriter though. I have no idea what that would take (hours, tailwheel time if applicable, etc.)

That's my point. A number of people, myself included have said yes sure, of course you can get hull in motion. Even insurance agents say yes, but from what I've heard, when they look into it they come back suprised and a bit embarrassed and say sorry we were mistaken, we can't offer you that after all.

So no one to date has actually stepped up and said, yes I do indeed actually have my homebuilt insured for hull in motion and here is the name of my underwriter.

If this was a bet my money would still be in my pocket.

So again does anyone out there actually have Hull, in motion insurance on their homebuilt? This is getting weird. . . But then again maybe the Canadian presence on this board is limited.

Last edited:
Kevin

It's time to give March Insurance a call. They administer both the Silver and Gold Wing programs in Canada. This should meet all of your insurance requirements. Try www.march.ca/copa.index/shtml. You must be a member of COPA to be elligible for Marshes' programs.
Regards

Thanks Lorne, I'll assume from your response that you don't have Hull in motion insurance on your homebuilt either.

Still looking looking for one Canadian with hull in motion insurance on their homebuilt.

in-motion

The only "motion" my 7's getting right now is sitting in my shop, spinning on the rotiserie! :D

Hanging ailorons and flaps.

Back