What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IO-360 Cowling to trade for O-360 Cowling

RV_7A

Well Known Member
I would like to trade new for new. Its a brand new cowling and I ordered it when I ordered my finish kit and decided to go O instead of IO. I'm in Texas so the closer you are the better.

-Jeff
[email protected]

Stupid question - how do you know if you have an O or IO cowling. I'm going fuel injected and I circled "fuel injected" on the order form and wrote "probably" next to it because I wasn't sure at the time.

I though the cowls were the same?

I O-360 cowling has a scoop on the bottom for the carb inlet. I could add it but that would be more work than I'm willing to do. Anybody deciding to go IO-360 might just be interested in buying mine outright for a slightly discounted price.

Just to nitpick a little....

The bottom scoop is only indirectly related to fuel metering type...the real question is what induction type are you going to use...vertical or horizontal.

The scoop-less cowl is for horizontal-induction FI. The cowl with the scoop can be used with vertical induction FI or a carb. There are plenty of fuel-injected RV's running around out there with the scoop on the bottom.

So...moral of the story is you're right. if you're going carbeurated you definately need the scoop. Like I said...nitpicking. ;-)

- Jamie

That's what I thought... mine has the scoop and I was planning on FI.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Back