What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jet flex interior paint

Mckay

Where are you getting it? Sky geek shows completely out and special order only but has no info on how to do it. Second question, color charts?

Local paint supplier - look for base coat and lacquer, much easier to apply. You choose the flatness of the lacquer from gloss to matt when ordering.

Interiors are a real PITA because of restricted access. The base coat is a 1k product that goes on flat matt, you then overcoat with as many coats of lacquer as you choose for protection. Because the lacquer has no pigment it goes on super easy with no runs.

And it is considerably cheaper ;)

Tell them you are painting a boat :D:D

Jet Flex

Sherwin Williams will provide a list of suppliers. I got mine from Hightower Supply. Jet Flex Solvent based.
However, after working with Kirker paints, I would just shoot Kirker Enduro Prime. Comes in White, Gray & Black. Virtually the same colors and flatness as the Jet Flex. Plus it's a 2K Epoxy low VOC paint. Super easy to mix and spray. Much more durable than the Jet Flex. Easy to touch up. Very cheap.
Just sprayed some on my wingtips. Top coat is Kirker Ultra Glo Urethane.

Thanks folks, Jet flex is a two part poly, they also offer a water based one that some of you may be referring to as not as durable. The traditional poly is extremely durable I just do t have a contact now that I’m out of the business.

I found the Water Based stuff to be quite (very?) durable as long as you let it cure for a few days.

Jet flex

I found the jet flex non water based super easy to spray, even for an idiot painter like me. Would use it again in a heart beat

Jet Flex Solvent based

Thanks folks, Jet flex is a two part poly, they also offer a water based one that some of you may be referring to as not as durable. The traditional poly is extremely durable I just do t have a contact now that I’m out of the business.

That's the one. Jet Flex Solvent Based. Durable but not as tough as a 2K Epoxy. Plus that Catalyst turns to a rock in no time and you get to buy more. It's not cheap. It lasts longer in the freezer or if you have a nitrogen bottle to displace the C0² in the head space. Spent lots of time with Tech Support. :D
Sounds like you were in the biz so maybe I'm way off base. I did spray my interior with it. Pretty mad when I was prepping to paint and the catalyst was hard as a rock.

That's the one. Jet Flex Solvent Based. Durable but not as tough as a 2K Epoxy. Plus that Catalyst turns to a rock in no time and you get to buy more. It's not cheap. It lasts longer in the freezer or if you have a nitrogen bottle to displace the C0² in the head space. Spent lots of time with Tech Support. :D
Sounds like you were in the biz so maybe I'm way off base. I did spray my interior with it. Pretty mad when I was prepping to paint and the catalyst was hard as a rock.

Larry I think you might have gotten unlucky on your catalyst. Mine is still good after a couple of years since purchase. The cap can sometimes be difficult to get off but no biggy.

I purchased my gallon of water soluable JetFlex a while back from these guys (Advanced Aircraft Coatings). At the time, I split my gallon into four quart containers and then opened each one over the years of use. It has kept fairly well on the shelf doing it this way.

I did my interior with this paint and I love it. I did have to purchase a 1.5mm spray nozzle (gun came with a 1.3mm) for this thicker paint. The thickness is highly dependent upon the dilution amount. I used a couple of large horse syringes for measuring exactly paint and water. I could mix up a tiny amount of paint, spray my part and not waste very much paint at all this way.

The water soluble is very easy to use. It also cleans up in a utility sink with soap and water. If does not stink up the garage with noxious fumes like a solvent one does. This stuff has held up really well for interior paint. It's easy to touch up nicks later with the same paint. I eventually learned to use dawn dish soap for cleaning parts along with a scotch brite pad once the oil was removed first with soap.

Back