PDA

View Full Version : Help with Pilots n Paws Mission

Dan Langhout
08-05-2020, 09:38 AM
Just thought I would put this out here to see if there was any interest. I have thrown my hat in the ring to help transport a 48 lb, 2 year old, female hound mix that needs to get to the Richmond, VA area. I have signed up to pick her up near Alexandria, LA and transport her to the Huntsville, AL area (KMDQ, KFYM, etc). She still needs a ride or two from there to the Richmond area. No takers so far after a week on the PnP ride board. Here is a link to the PnP posting https://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=65508 They have apparently been trying to move this dog for several months.
Thanks!

Hwood
08-05-2020, 01:00 PM
....my -8 was finished and flying!

donaziza
08-05-2020, 09:30 PM
Dan, check your PM's

Coaltowngarage
08-06-2020, 12:29 PM
If no one bites, I would be willing to pick up and drive her the rest of the way. I cannot wait until my RV is done so that I can become a part of these awesome missions.

Raymo
08-06-2020, 02:12 PM
I've wanted to do these missions but I know my RV is way too loud (straight pipes) for any animal and I doubt most would immediately take to the MutMuffs. How are others dealing with this issue?

bill.hutchison
08-06-2020, 02:37 PM
I've wanted to do these missions but I know my RV is way too loud (straight pipes) for any animal and I doubt most would immediately take to the MutMuffs. How are others dealing with this issue?

I haven't moved any dogs but I've moved a couple cats. They mostly ignore me and go to sleep. :)

Vol88
08-06-2020, 03:56 PM
Iíve flown a lot of PnP missions in 172s and PA28s and havenít had an upset dog yet. Like Billís cats, most of them go to sleep in self-defense. Some say they sense something good is happening. I think itís because the pooches that get rescued tend to be the chillest, best behaved in the shelter.

I bring something old, soft and washable that they can curl up on - and a tether long enough to move and short enough to keep them from giving flight lessons. But only do it if you donít mind a little unconditional and occasionally slobbery love on arrival (from the dogs - and sometimes from the receiving party).

I prefer to fly PnP with a passenger who can keep an eye on the cargo. Kinda like watching my blind side, like a good left tackle.

Dan Langhout
08-06-2020, 04:34 PM
Coaltowngarage, check your PMs . . . . .

Dan Langhout
08-08-2020, 07:50 AM
David . . . check your PMs - again!
Thanks!