What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

1st annual ice cream social, Inyokern CA (IYK) was a success

AX-O

Well Known Member
The ice cream fly-in was a success. We counted 14 airplanes (11 RVs) and 1 helicopter. About 50 people came in and out of the hangar. Alisha and I would like to thank every one for showing up. She got a first had experience of what the RV community is like and she enjoyed it. Especially when she saw other woman in the crowd. I know many of you won?t come back to Inyokern for a while (maybe the next ice cream fly-in) however, the traffic pattern has not been that full in many years. Many of the locals had to come out and see what was going on. The RV formation was a big hit.

Rosie, thank you for the advice. I think Alisha will be watching me closely now. She really liked the fly-by. She said ?Wow, that plane was moving fast. Will ours do that??. I told her ?yes but ours will be faster and much cooler because the little wheel will be in the back (were it belongs), the seat arrangement will be like a fighter jet and I will be the builder? :D

Dan, you left your onion rings and something else in the fridge.

G-force, I admired your dedication to come up here hours before your sister?s wedding, grabbing ice cream and heading out. I guess you can do that sort of thing when someone is nice enough to give you a ride in an RV.

Everyone else that I met, it was a pleasure.

In the effort to satisfy everyone?s needs and keep everything somewhat organized, I failed to take any pictures. If you took pictures could you post them?

Once again, Thanks and see you next year at the 2nd annual RV ice cream fly-in.

AX-O said:
Dan, you left your onion rings and something else in the fridge.
Those Funyuns came from Debris. And the other thing is citrus heat grilling tenders from Harris Ranch (tasty!!!). Brought too much food camping last night...still had it in my cooler in the plane and it was gonna cook in the heat if I didn't pop it in your fridge. My gift to you as thanks for hosting today. :) Thanks again Axel!

What a great get together. I would like to thank Axel for the tastey icecream, (Yummmmmmmm) and putting this together. Extra special thanks to "Pop" Owens for the ride up there in his beautiful RV-6, N515L and letting this noob fly it (poorly) for a bit. And my first RV acrobatics...a nice roll over the Hyundi test track. Thanks to my selfish sister who HAD to have her wedding on an RV fly-in day, we had to leave as soon as the Chino squad parked and shut down to make it back in time.

So....whens the next one?!?!

It was great to meet new people, and chat more with friends! I hope to be able to participate in the flying events more often come summer, but building comes first!!! Working on rudder stiffiners #2 finally!

Great fun Axel, keep pounding rivets.

Back