What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Who's got their AFS AF-3500?

iansrv6

I've ordered an AF-3500EE through Steinair and just enquired how long it's going to be before I get it. They tell me there are 8 guys before me and the next one was ordered in Sept. I enquired with AFS in December what the delivery time was and was told 16 weeks, this kind of looks a little bit out. My February order is now 16 weeks and looking like it could be a while yet. :eek:

I think it will be a great product once I get it but a head up for anyone thinking of fitting one, order early.

Advanced Flight Systems Moving

We are making really good progress and production is way up, your unit is scheduled to be finished the week of June 18.

We are in the middle of moving to our new modern 7500 sq-ft facility. We should be completely moved on Monday June 11 and hopefully the phones will be working.

The new address will be:

Advanced Flight Systems Inc.
320 S. Redwood St.
Canby, OR 97013

Rob Hickman

Rob,

Thanks, I've asked a few times for a delivery date and couldn't get a real answer. I'm sure glad that my unit will be ready in the next couple of weeks, the thought of a few more months was going to be hard to live with.

Hope the move goes smooth.

I just received my unit the other day. I have had one on order for quite some time (I think I was the 19th guy to order one of the 3500s). But I requested to delay my shipment for several months while I tried to decide between the 3400 and the 3500, so I was the reason for the wait, not AFS. They were easy to work with while I made up my mind.

The unit looks real nice. I couldn't wait to see the display since I've never seen one in the flesh before. Looks great, even without any of my probes connected. In fact, the weight and balance was already set up for a generic RV-4 like what I'm building - pretty cool!

Nice unit

A buddy has one of these in his plane, been flying it for about 2 1/2 months. Serial number 3, or something close.

He is very happy with it, maybe even more than "very".

I have flown with him a number of times, the screen is directly in front of the left seat, and yet I can see it perfectly fine from the right.

Also, the data card for updates, and flight data downloads is really sweet.

If I were in the market to purchase an EFIS, this would be it.

Mike

3400?

N401RH said:
We are making really good progress and production is way up, your unit is scheduled to be finished the week of June 18.

We are in the middle of moving to our new modern 7500 sq-ft facility. We should be completely moved on Monday June 11 and hopefully the phones will be working.

The new address will be:

Advanced Flight Systems Inc.
320 S. Redwood St.
Canby, OR 97013

Rob Hickman
Congrats on new facility. Hope your production is up. Had hoped to have my 3400 combi unit now and wonder how close I am. Tried e-mailing earlier but haven't heard. Am I close? - please, please. You may remember me as the -8 builder who has an ACS2002 in the box for trade in. Let me know when my unit will be available -a little early if you can. I'd like to have you drop ship it to Stein in Minnesota and I will fly him the panel and radios for him to work on. Thanks. Bill Dicus

Back