What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV flight bags

RV7Guy

Well Known Member
After seeing FB Mark Chamberlin's Bison Mountain RV flight bags I had to have them. Managing the gear for extended travel has always been minor struggle. I was using 3 tool bags from Sears for all of the gear. Although functional I felt there had to be a better way.

Check out the link for all of the pictures. The bags fit perfectly behind seat. They even have recess for the flap actuation bar. I took all of the gear from the Sears bags and set up the Bison bags. When done I thought I had left one of the bags in the plane because there was so much room left in the bags!!!

I set up the right seat bag for all of the heavy stuff such as tools, tie downs etc. that won't be removed too often. The left bag has all of the stuff you'll need day to day, pitot cover, chalks, fuel tester, gust locks, cleaning supplies, tie down rings etc...

I also purchased the Chart bag but haven't set it up yet. I think it will fit nicely between the seats.

There are many ways to set up the bags. They come with shoulder type carrying straps and hand carrying handles. You could even set one up for your personal gear and carry it out with you.

At first look the price seems high. After biting the bullet and getting them, they are worth every penny. The bags are well constructed out of heavy material that will take abuse. The zippers are also heavy duty for lots of use. Everything is well thought out and made to be convenient and, most importantly, specifically for the us!!!!!

The elimination of the BS factor in loading stuff is worth lots to me. Check out the pictures.

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/BisonMountain/

I agree... these bags rock. I purchased one and installed it the other day. Fits perfectly behind the seat and has tons of pockets for anything you can imagine. My only one is behind my copilot seat so I can stick the flashlight and extra pens back there and still grab them if I need 'em.

Probably will be ordering another one very shortly! Great product and will create lots of space if and when I decide to put a kid seat in the back.

Me three...

My bag arrived a few weeks and I couldn't be more pleased ... top quality ... and a perfect way to keep "stuff" from sliding around in the baggage zone. I was suprised and pleased to see the bottom even has an indentation the full width so it sits flat over the flap actuator. Great product ... worth every penny.

Rupester
N319TE, RV9A QB fuse

Got my 'damaged' bag and a new one yesterday...

The bags are a LOT BIGGER than I imagined. They fit comfortably behind the seat and can double as a weekender bag. Quality of construction is good and utilitarian (sp?), lightweight and can take a scratch or being roughed up a bit.

Great Idea for keeping the weight closer to CG and opening up more baggage room.

Included is the straps and fastening hardware to install a "tie-in" so the bag won't go flying around if you hit some turbulence. Shoulder strap included of course.

The headset pouch and small pouch will be great for plane stuff- the big zipper is all for luggage! I think this is my answer to a travel bag for the RV.

If I had this at SNF- I could've bought a lot more stuff!

Very happy with the product and give the thumbs up!

Back