What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Independence Airpark, what a community!

hydroguy2

Well Known Member
Well, If I was looking for a awesome place to build my RV or even wanted to move to a very nice place...I pick Independence Oregon.

My wife and I spent this week on the Oregon Coast(roadtrip) and today we stopped by Independence Airpark to pick up a Henry Bartle carbon plenum. We met the nicest people, looked at many RV's, had a nice on the field lunch. Bill W. was an excellent tour guide. His wife, Suzie, made my wife feel like we were old friends. I know most pilots are a good bunch, But these RV builders/families are a notch above the rest. We will be back!

now off to Vans in the morning

Indeed

I live in Corvallis (7 minutes by RV South) and pop into Independance fairly often. At their EAA breakfast back in October (?) I showed up with my new RV as was almost mobbed by the welcoming commitee...:)

Lovely bunch of people, great restaurant there too.

If it wasn't for the fact my Wife lived on an airpark when she was a kid (round the corner from old man Steens (as the Steens Biplane) I'd be living there now!

Frank 7a

Oregon is a great state..

I lived in corvallis back in my college days (70's) and loved everything about it except for the RAIN!! Great place to live and great folks but it never stops RAINING!! Did I mention it raiins alot :p

That's cause you only spent the fall winter here. If you had actually stayed the summer you would have never left.

Summers are indeed fantastic. Nice community there, we flew down last weekend in our CTs for breakfast. Got my first RV-6 ride there, MANY years ago...

Back