What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

External Switch for KI-209A

N523RV

Well Known Member
I'm trying to figure out what sort of "external switch" I need to use for my KLN-89B/KX-155/KI-209A installation. The 209A has the relay built in, I just need some sort of external switch. Do I really need a full-blown annunciator panel? Can I get by with a toggle switch? A Cessna I recently flew in had a simple button that illuminated GPS or NAV when pressed. I'd like not to spend $800+/- for an annunciator I really don't need.

Requirements

Here is what I found:

"One switch is required for NAV/GPS switching and another is required to ARM/ACTIVATE the approach. In a certified installation, a third switch is required for WPT ALERT if the GPS is located more than 12 inches off center of the pilot?s vision. The KLN94 allows for approach arm and activation internally."

I have the Garmin 300XL and am looking at www.edmo.com as a source of annunciators but you have to go through an avionics dealer, they don't sell to individuals.

Dave Ford
RV6

If there is something specific you need that isn't openely available, drop me a line off list and I'll help you out. We do a lot of business with edmo.

Cheers,
Stein.

Back