What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sun-N-Fun camping

Flyrod

Well Known Member
Camping at Sun N Fun was a blast. I hope to be able to do it every year. If you time your arrival at just after sunrise and your departure just before sunset, you can avoid the long taxi lines. Bring your air mattress, because it seems the ground is harder now then it was 30 years ago. Gladders Gal and I gave out 15+ lbs of Gladders Gourmet cookies, upholding a John Glader tradition. Some of the attending supportive vendors that rated high on the cookie scale were Aerotronics, Whirlwind Aviation (Titain), Electroair, Chelton Flight Systems, Superior Engines and STEC. If Aerosport had been there, they would have been right at the top of the cookie meter, because they have been very helpful in answering my many questions. The volunteers attending the home built camping section had been working Sun-N-Fun for 22 years straight! They were great and very helpful.

On an interesting note, I was sitting in the airplane at HBC waiting for another RV7 on the taxi way to crank up. As I sat there patiently, this elderly gentleman came waking by my plane at a brisk pace. It was none other then the RV in RVs, Richard VanGrunsven. In our short conversation, I learned he was doing his morning walk. Morning walks must be a great idea because RV appears to be in great shape. Check out the 116 photos at the following link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Flyrod01/SunNFun2007

Back