What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LSA Changes

Phyrcooler

Well Known Member
Van's isn't the only one modifying their POC. On the topic of LSA Engines as discussed previously -

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=16888

Further info from Aero-News Network:

Several changes have been made to the LSA proof-of-concept after 78 hours of testing the flight envelope -- most notably, another engine option. "We're evaluating the 100 horsepower Continental O-200 engine and we have modified the nose cowl to fit the Continental engine," said Neal Willford, project engineer for the LSA. The plane originally flew with a Rotax 912.
While it was known from AOPA in Palm Springs that TCM was working on an LSA version of their O-200... I am interested in what they have done - specifically installed weights. Hopefully someone at Sun-n-Fun can get additional information.

DJ

It's notable the Cessna LSA people are considering the Continental engine over the parent corp Lycoming.

Steve

Steve said:
It's notable the Cessna LSA people are considering the Continental engine over the parent corp Lycoming.

Steve
Yeah - I was suprised at that too. That would make a good conversation starter at the Lycoming booth.

"Excuse me sir... I'm comparing engines for use in LSA aircraft - and can't seem to find a Lycoming. Is this why Cessna has to put a CONTINENTAL engine in their LSA?" (grabbing large spoon to further stir the pot... maintains innocent questioning look...) "Wow... but aren't you both owned by Textron?"

He-he... wish I was at Sun-n-Fun this year! LOL :D

How about a half-Lycoming?

Hey, maybe Lycoming should make an O-180 by chopping two cylinders off an 0-360.

Back