What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Handheld ICOM IC-A21

Build9A

Well Known Member
I have an old ICOM handheld and don't know much about it. It has an DC in port and I was wondering if it can run off of a DC power adapter. (Or maybe it's the charging port.) If it can run off of DC power adapter, where could I find one. The ICOM site and different pilot supply places seem to just carry the newer ICOM models and accessories. Any help would be appreciated.

IC-A21 Manual

I have the original manual to my IC-A21. I purchased in my former airplane rental days. It still goes with me every time I fly. I upgraded the failed NiCad battery to nickel-metal hydride last year. Much better!!! It works very well so I have not bothered to upgrade to a newer model. The DC input jack is on the top just behind the volume knob. Mine came with a cigarette lighter style plug. The IC-A21 is still supported by after market vendors. My new battery came from www.batteriesamerica.com.

Sincerely,

Brian Vickers
RV4 - finishing

Thanks Guys

Thanks Brian. I will check out the web site you sent. Also, Carl (RV8) from Washington sent me a pdf of the manual. Great responses. Jack

ICOM A-21 Manual

I could really use the PDF manual as well... Purty Please

Build9A said:
Thanks Brian. I will check out the web site you sent. Also, Carl (RV8) from Washington sent me a pdf of the manual. Great responses. Jack

Back