What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

QB Questions

AndrewTR30

For anyone who has started there QB wings:
After going through the plans it llooks like the first steps are in section 18, the fuel tanks. Is this the case or did I miss anything in the earlier sections?
Along the same lines, I seem to recall a notice about the tanks not being completely installed or something like that. Of course I can't find that info now, so was I dreaming or is there such a notice?

On my QB wings everthing through page 16-2 had been completed. The nutplate attachments on the inboard wing skin were not completed and if you do not complete and attach the nutplates before doing the Flap Gap Fairing (20-4) you will be sorry (speaking from experience). Other than such nutplates everything, with the exception that all of the screws and bolts on the fuel tanks (page 18-8) had been complreted thorough page 18-7. Only about half of the screws and bolts are installed, probably because in section 19 you have to remove the left fuel tank to install the stall warning system, and Van's assumed that some one might go with the stall warning system on the right wing or need to remove the right fuel tank as well. I haven't pressure tested my tanks because I haven't installed the fuel floats yet.

If you are a prior RV builder, be sure and go to page 18-8 before attempting to remove a fuel tank. It attachs differently than the RV-6 fuel tank.

Be sure and completely install the autopilot roll servo in the wing before installing the bottom skin. It was a bear to install correctely. I must have dislexia considering the number of times I tried to get it installed and had to take it out. Contact me off line if you want some pictures dav1111 at cox.net. I also ran a seperate conduit line just for the wiring of the autopilot servo.

Russ Daves
#40044 (QB Fuselage - Baggage door almost completed)

Back