What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Smoke Oils

N24YW

Well Known Member
Does any one have links to smoke oil distributors or comments on what works the best for the home Brews. I currently use ParaFlex oil. I did a flow check of my oil system and it puts out about one galon per minute. Not sure how much more I can put out with out making a mess under the airplane. I have a two galon tank mounted on the engine side of the fire wall. I use a high pressure fuel pump from Oriellys, and two .090 inch orfices in the number one and four exhaust pipes. They are about 8 inches from the flanges.
Also what about the additives that you can put in to make your smoke oil smell like grapes, cherry and such?

Jim Knight
Burlington Iowa
RV-6

Last edited:
I have used diesel fuel with good success and also used cooking oil from a restaurant it might make the airport smell like french fries and make people hungry.

I have a friend who uses concrete form oil that he buys by the barrel. It also smells like french fries when he lights off the smoke. :)

mcb

Back