What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

XM Weather

Geico266

Well Known Member
How reliable is this service? Have you ever had it fail? I just activated my 396 to XM Weather and it worked fine for 4-5 days, then tonight nothing, "NO SUBSCRIPTION" on the XM page where it used to say "AVIATION".

I called XM and they said this happens from time to time?

Geico266 said:
How reliable is this service? Have you ever had it fail? I just activated my 396 to XM Weather and it worked fine for 4-5 days, then tonight nothing, "NO SUBSCRIPTION" on the XM page where it used to say "AVIATION".

I called XM and they said this happens from time to time?
I was an early adopter and had it happen once then but not since. I thought it had been straighted out.

It happened to me just once a couple of days after I subscribed, but it wasn't in the air - it was in my office, with the antenna only able to see maybe a third of the sky. I figured it lost the bird. I have no idea how the system works, but there is some sort of recognition that is done early in the subscription.

Haven't had a bit of a problem in flight in over six months.

Paul

When I called they said it happens from time to time with new subscriptions. They just resent the start up signal and I'm good to go. Pretty amazing stuff.

Geico266 said:
Pretty amazing stuff.

It truly is. I look on my 396 now like an American Express Card. I don't leave home without it. (Land, Sea, or Air)

Have a great time!

I'm up in Canada and we don't have the weather option. I fail to understand why we are always a few years behind the US on these things. :confused:

XM weather in Canada

kevinsky18 said:
I'm up in Canada and we don't have the weather option. I fail to understand why we are always a few years behind the US on these things. :confused:

Kevin.....As I understand it NavCanada wants to be paid for the use of their system (and I am not sure what exactly they would sell)....so guess what? we don't get XMweather.... :(

Back