What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gear leg questions ??

autoglide

Well Known Member
I have owned (for the past year) a 1996 HRII. Was built by John Harmon and a friend as Production #1 for the purpose of having a ship with exact sizing dimensions for future kit sales. She's exceptionally well built. Currently has about 1100 airframe hours. At prox 200 hrs the gear legs were modified per Harmon's service bulletin. The mount was X rayed, checked for cracks etc....none found. Since that time, at annuals, all landing gear bolts torqued to correct values. NDH ever on the bird.
At this time I've got it down for the next 2-3 weeks for maintenance & the annual conditional insp. Should I pull the gear legs for a close look see for cracks etc.....OR just continue to do what's been done for the past 10 yrs .....inspect & torque the bolts.

All input is really appreciated....thx in advance, Marv

With 900 hours since the last time they were out of the sockets, I sure would pull them to have a look. Mine had 330 hours and were showing signs of wear on the lower leg socket.

Back