What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Austin area flight training

amilder

Can anybody recommend a good flight school or CFI in the Austin area? I'm leaning toward the Bergstrom schools just because they are so close to home and work but I will travel to San Marcos or Lockhart if there is a good reason. Georgetown is a probably out since it's on the wrong side of Austin from me.

I'm about 75% done with my RV-9A empennage and I want to start flight training before I spend $$$ on the wing kit.
Thanks

Flight Training

Can anybody recommend a good flight school or CFI in the Austin area? I'm leaning toward the Bergstrom schools just because they are so close to home and work but I will travel to San Marcos or Lockhart if there is a good reason. Georgetown is a probably out since it's on the wrong side of Austin from me.

I'm about 75% done with my RV-9A empennage and I want to start flight training before I spend $$$ on the wing kit.
Thanks

Go out to the Lockhart Muni and see Joe or Louanne Stenger (512-398-6556). And while you're there, walk across to the Plane Talk Hanger and see those RV characters, Ted, Phil and Tommy. You may even get them to take you up in an RV. I know they are currently assisting in building an RV-8. You couldn't ask for a friendlier location. My humble opinion.

...oh, I see that you have finished and have your PPL now. So much for staying current with the forums. Go see the Plane Talk guys anyway if you have any building questions. They have a ton of working knowledge. If nothing else, sit around and have a Dr. B with them. A great place to hang out.

Last edited:
Back