What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paintshop Review - Master Aircraft Services

Ron Jagels

I'm New Here
Master Aircraft Services
Wickenburg, AZ
928-684-4992
Gus

Price 5 of 5
E-Mailed a list of questions along with paint concept drawings to a number of painters ? Gus responded within 24 hours with details and price. Follow-on questions to Master Aircraft were handled by phone or E-Mail in less than 24 hours. In the pricing, Gus indicated what factors were contributing to the total cost and what the value of ?deducts? or other options would be. There were no surprises or hidden charges upon completion.

Finished Product 5 of 5
Excellent paint job. Any items that I noticed/questioned were promptly resolved when inspecting the finished paint job. Everyone exhibited a keen attention to detail and wanted to make sure the job was to my satisfaction.

Timeframe 5 of 5
Delivered on schedule. Gus was very flexible on the start date as I was working with a weather window to get the airplane to Arizona. He originally told me to plan for 4 weeks and hope for 3 weeks. The airplane was finished in four weeks and they did a good job of keeping me posted of status via photos and E-Mail/telephone.

Facilities 4 of 5
Uses 3 hangers, one for detailing, one for prepping and one for painting. With several airplanes in work at the same time they do a very good job of masking and keeping aircraft unaffected by adjacent operations.

n847rmpaint037700copygm9.jpg

Comments:
Prior to selecting Master Aircraft Services, I spoke with several RV owners who had their airplanes painted at Master and researched several other options. Gus was the most responsive and really seemed interested in working with me to get the paint right. When it came time to paint the trim, they effectively worked with me via photos/E-Mail to show and discuss options that weren?t detailed on the concept drawings. I was very impressed with their attention to detail and concern about quality of the finished product. One example was the addition of a bead of proseal on the canopy skirt edge with the Plexiglas.

Review by:
Ron Jagels
RV-8A N847RM
(My Girl)

Back